PDF version

Admission Procedure


The Institute has been successfully conducting Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme, since 2002, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha (GGSIP) University, New Delhi. Presently, the institute has 120 intake; 60 in regular shift and 60 in 2ndshift. The admission to the MCA Programme of this Institute is governed by the rules and regulations of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha (GGSIP) University, New Delhi, and Govt. of NCT of Delhi, Delhi.

GGSIP University, New Delhi, shall not conduct any Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to the MCA Programme for the Academic Year 2019-2020. Rather, the admission for the MCA Programme, at all the Institutions under GGSIP University, New Delhi, shall be held on the basis of the rank obtained in NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET-2019), conducted by NIT Surathkal. More details regarding the NIMCET can be obtained from the NIMCET website Based upon the rank obtained by the candidates in the NIMCET, GGSIP University, New Delhi, will conduct centralized counseling for allocation of seats to the desirous candidates rank-wise. NIMCET qualified candidates will have to register for the centralized counseling, for MCA Programme, to be conducted by the GGSIP University, New Delhi. Further details in this regard may be obtained from the website of GGSIP University 90% of seats, of this Institute, are filled through centralized counseling conducted by the GGSIP University, New Delhi. Remaining 10% of the seats are reserved for Management Category. Admission to these 10% Reserved Management Category Seats shall be done by the Management of the Institute, on merit based upon the rank of NIMCET-2019, as per the Instructions of the Govt. of NCT, Delhi and GGSIP University, New Delhi. Candidates desirous of taking admission in the Institute under Management Category may directly contact the Institute, in person, with their NIMCET Rank Card and other academic records. Please note that the students who will not appear in the NIMCET-2019, will not be eligible, in any of the Categories; Merit Seats or Management Category. Please click here for admission related notices.

It has been observed that year after year an increasing number of top rankers join BVICAM. Detailed rank profile of students admitted under General Category, at our Institute, during last four academic years, at the end of the second counseling, are given hereunder, for the information of students and parents:

Rank Profile of Admitted Students
    Delhi General Outside Delhi General
Year Rank First Shift Second Shift First Shift Second Shift
2017 - 2018 First 08 136 55 146
Last 188 294 211 415
2016 - 2017 First 21 121 44 87
Last 177 355 91 184
2015 - 2016 First 32 127 51 99
Last 174 295 150 351
2014 - 2015 First 15 49 137 427
Last 297 740 480 759
2013 - 2014 First 09 28 70 210
Last 376 492 490 525
2012 - 2013 First 50 -NA- 111 -NA-
Last 336 -NA- 402 -NA-
2011 - 2012 First 106 -NA- 143 -NA-
Last 316 -NA- 254 -NA
2010 - 2011 First 126 -NA- 114 -NA-
Last 417 -NA- 317 -NA-